Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Local Canyon Color

We did many hikes in the local canyons this spring and saw many beautiful things.  These are a few of my favorites, that didn't seem to fit in any other blog post.

Flannel bush
Indian Paintbrush
Suncups

Desert Calico
Morning Glory
Poodle Dog Bush, lovely, but don't touch unless you want an ugly rash.
Shed snake skin


Many thanks to Paul for this location of Charlotte's Phacilia.  We had a wonderful morning among these beauties.

Cream cups and bush lupine
Charlotte's Phacilia.  Oh my, I do love that blue.

Charlotte's Phacilia love decomposed granite and wide open spaces.



This is a giant for a Charlotte's Phacilia.  

Gilia
Red Maids
Long-nosed Leopard Lizard






Bush Monkey Flower
Mariposa Lily



Grinding Holes
Evening Primrose.  This smells divine.




Purple Mat

Tidy tips and coreopsis

This very cool homestead, complete with fruit trees, lies mere feet from the PCT.

Not your modern construction techniques.




Common Madia



Sun cups and Sand blossoms had a great year.

Scaly-stemmed Sand Plant, it is a parasitic plant.
Paperbag bush
Dudleya


Silver Cholla


The biggest bush monkeyflower I have ever seen.

Red-rayed hulsea
Four O'clock




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful - I always want to know where you are!
    Check the Red Maids again. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on what I labeled red maids. On my second look I think it is probably purple mat.

      Delete