Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Bambi Trail of Death

Several years ago I decided to do a bit of exploring, which is usually how these things start.  I climbed to a ridge and saw a faint deer trail, and dot sized houses in the valley below.  Figuring that bambi are usually fairly trustworthy with their routes, I followed.  There was a bit of bush whacking and a tricky rock bit or two, but eventually I made my way over another pass and hooked up with my usual route.  A loop.  Nice.  And it needed a name -- The Bambi Trail of Death.  Makes it sound dangerous doesn't it.

This day we took friends Gina and Shawn along for some social distance hiking.  And we didn't kill Gina, maybe a pika squeak or two on some of the tricky rock sections, but that was it.



Nolina.  This is about as far north as this species grows.
Gina and Shawn
Bush Lupine

Tidy tips and coreopsis

A few distant poppies
Coreopsis




I did mention a tricky bit or two, right?
A bonus -- Watching China Lake Search and Rescue practice.

Indian Paintbrush
Sandblossoms



No comments:

Post a Comment