Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bob Rabbit

Bob Rabbit, what is that you say?  Not what, who.  Robert 'Bob Rabbit' Roberts was a Kawaiisu (Coso Shoshone) rain doctor.  And other than he died in the 1920's or 1930's, I didn't find out much about him.  I did stumble on:  https://www.peregriff.com/wanderings/ayers-rock-pictographs/ which is well written and has photos that I wouldn't be able to create, so I share and you can fall down another rabbit hole should you choose.

Why, even bring up a figure so obscure?  We visited pictographs attributed to him.  Even more important, he brought the rain.  Yes, this year's amazing displays in the Sierra, Coso, and Argus mountains can be thought of as blessings from Bob Rabbit, a ray of hope in a troubled world.









































It is nice to know that beauty, hope, and joy still occur.  We try to keep these in mind and look forward to days that we can spend with all our friends. 





1 comment:

  1. So many great photos that it's almost hard to take them all in. If I had posted just one of those, I would have been proud.

    ReplyDelete